1. You are not allowed to swear anywhere in the server or bypass the swear filter. "Bypassing" means changing the characters of a filtered word so our automod bots cannot detect it, this includes words that resemble swears but are incomplete (for example f*** or s***). Ensure that all files and their names follow this, as otherwise it would be considered bypassing. This doesn’t apply in special channels or VCs that are unlocked at higher levels (such as #exclusive-chat for lvl 50+), but racial slur usage will result in an instant ban anywhere within the server.
2. Advertising isn't allowed anywhere except within our designated advertising channels, and in these channels you cannot advertise anything that has NSFW or invite-for-rewards as its premise. Advertising is considered drawing attention to a server, product, or event for your own benefit. If you ask people to enter your DMs for an incentive such as nitro, we will assume you are advertising something. A link is not required for this to occur, and this is punishable whether in DMs or done verbally in the server.
3. Do not post malicious links or files that could be used to steal accounts or information anywhere, this includes surveys. For this reason we automod all links in our channels, so don't bypass the filter by adding characters so the automod bot cannot detect your links.
4. Please keep your topics in the correct channels. For example, only discuss topics related to gaming within the #gaming channel. View the channel topics/pins to see the topic that each channel has.
5. To keep the server peaceful, please do not be toxic by harassing, insulting, arguing, or beginning controversial topics. This can mean:
- Discriminating against users based on their race, sexual orientation, or roles in the server
- Disrupting users by organizing large hate trains/rallies
- Discussing controversial punishments that were given to users
- Spoiling movies or other forms of media without a warning
- Arguing with people based on serious topics or serious discussions, if you would like to argue with someone do it in DMs and not in the server
6. Do not spam or cause disturbance within channels, this can mean:
- Typing lots of separate lines, large blocks of text, senseless letters/characters, or random words (drytexting)
- Chaining (writing lyrics that make up a song)
- Posting the same images, emojis, or stickers multiple times (up to 6 emojis at a time)
- Reacting lots of times or using epilepsy-inducing reactions/gifs
- Using cluttery fonts or text surrounded by a bunch of markings
- Not adding loud warnings to media with very loud audio
7. Please make sure all content is appropriate for children and family friendly. Nothing can be posted or streamed that is NSFW, sexually explicit, relating to substance abuse, disturbing, or that displays a grave nature. Inappropriate content includes suicide, self-harm, abuse, flirting/dating, and insinuating content such as "ahegao" pictures.
8. Do not constantly beg for nitro, roles, items or anything similar from anyone in the server. If this occurs in DMs we are unable to punish the user, so we advise you to block the user instead.
9. Do not use alts maliciously, this includes using them to join giveaways and give yourself an unfair advantage or to bypass a punishment given to your main account.
10. Only play songs in the music voice channels, you aren't allowed to play normal videos. You also cannot play songs with excessive swearing, they can have mild swearing or minor amounts of racial slurs, however their primary purpose cannot be for their offensive language.
11. No impersonation of individuals in the server with profile pictures or names. If the person or bot that you're impersonating is not in the server, you will still be subject to punishment if users are tricked by your impersonation.
12. You cannot have a name that is difficult to ping, this means:
- At least 3 of the characters and symbols within your name have to be typeable on a standard English QWERTY keyboard, so that pinging via typing is possible.
- Your name must have at least 3 characters and not have too many duplicates in the server.
- Changing your nickname back to your previous rule-breaking name after being warned may result in more action being taken against you.
13. Don't ask for or distribute any personal information without consent. Personal information includes private codes to classrooms or games like Kahoot that you don’t have permission to share. Exposing private information may result in a ban whether in the server or in DMs.
14. You aren't allowed to misuse spoilers by giving your text the appearance of swearing or anything inappropriate, some examples of this are 'frick you' or 'nugget'. Using spoilers around a word that looks like the N word will result in a ban.
15. You cannot annoy others in VCs by mic spamming, making loud noises, using voice changers, or AFKing in VCs for extended periods of time.
16. You aren't allowed to minimod, this means acting as a mod by telling people they broke a rule, and saying they will be punished. If you have a problem please ping an active staff member instead of acting as one yourself.
17. No interfering in moderator's duties, this could mean:
- Messing with them or trolling on purpose (inc. asking for punishments, or calling without a good reason)
- Maliciously reporting people by providing fake/forged evidence
- Misusing any of our bots, this includes music queues in Sound's Stereo or modmail through Sound's Utilities
- Misinforming users with serious questions, or being disruptive in chat by constantly answering questions while staff are already doing so
- Arguing with staff members in chat while they moderate instead of messaging a higher ranked staff member
- Not responding to staff or dodging their questions regarding you breaking the rules
- Assisting others in avoiding punishments after breaking the rules
If you have any questions about the rules or would like to report someone, please DM any staff member about it.